* Comments & suggestions are welcome & encouraged. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* U.S. ambassador to Canada wants us to share info with CIA; Preston Manning behind Wildrose defection; QC woman gets 90 days for ducks.
* The Vatican has again brokered peace: USA & Cuba normalize relations; Gwynne Dyer: The Danish Santa; Alberta's Wildrose MLAs defect to Torries; UBC scientists discover secret to wrinkles; Taliban slaughtered school kids for revenge.
* It's too maddening to listen to Mike Morell explain to Charlie Rose why members of the CIA should not be prosecuted for war crimes, but that's what's out there. . . . Yup! Medical weed ruled OK to grow @ home; Peter March joins Gwynne Dyer's debate on torture; Gwynne discusses climate deals; Michael Harris nails Harper; Trudeau sets up an economic advisory board for himself; Ottawa Valley's JRF composes a poem for us; PLUS wicked sadistic story on CIA's rectal feeding of prisoners - Note face masks, ear mufflers, eye goggles & sensory deprivation and nobody yet prosecuted for war crimes.
* Peter March: 2 new thought-provoking articles; Review of Michael Harris' book; Harper's drummer charged with sexual assault; Asbestos, Blackberry, arctic housing; CIA'S use of sadistic rectal feeding torture ; Cheney, Jeb Bush; Germany's extremism and France's fears. Financially strapped EU builds ghost airports for Poland. Freud's objects of desire and sexy lumberjacks.
* The CIA report on torture - Extended coverage and opinions.
* Gwynne Dyer is a brilliant journalist. His article illustrates the depth and breadth of his stories: Amazing Grace of Zimbabwe.
* Ominous Signs: Bad day for the US as CIA report on torture is made public; Ralph Goodale: Harper & the Vets; John Maguire - from Kemptville to Bad; California drought, food prices up, oil stocks down, currency wars. Who was Clement Clarke Moore? Philosophy: Dr. Peter March explains primal freedom and asks, "Is God Talking To Us?" Will Polar bears become extinct?
*To our wonderful loyal audience: We have to remove a lot of old, dated content because it's taking waaay too long to load, or maybe it's slow because of the new server. Regardless, sorting thru this mess will take a bit a time and brief interruptions -- maybe a FEW days -- but know that we're working on giving you a better, faster experience. Thanks for your patience. Sher.
Leprechauns for real? Pipelines necessary for economy?
* Ottawa GOOOSEBUSTERS video! Michael Harris: The deafening silence that is Stephen Harper; Peter March: Naive Feminism; Bill Moyers: American Plutocrats; Calgary wins Grey Cup and breaks it; Canadian woman captured by ISIS; Michaelle Jean heads la Francophonie; Sable Island horses, MORE
* New series on Money & Power - Thanks Wayne L. for suggestions and research.
* Know anyone with an addiction? Ricky hasn't always been a good boy but now he saves lives!
* Wanna get into our Mind - Boggling Music Box? Send us your tunes.
*Job Offers. Sales. Sports Reporter. Check out our Careers Page.
* Pope Francis: "Never war, never war,” he said. “I am thinking, above all, of children who are deprived of the hope of a worthwhile life, a future. Dead children, wounded children, mutilated children, orphaned children, children whose toys are things left over from war, children who don't know how to smile.” This was the moment when the tears came. “Please stop,” said Francis. “I ask you with all my heart, it's time to stop. Stop, please!”
*We @ OttawaValley.ca are independently owned and present a broad cross-section of news, information, features, and diverse opinions from around the world. Our audience is a bunch of free-thinking intelligent eclectics. Please join us, We'd love to hear from you.